Innovation is highly correlated with value creation and financial performance. And when it’s done well,…
BRAND PIVOT: Rethink Nearly Everything
by Anne M. Berg
Or risk losing everything. Because we’re facing a uniquely forceful disruption in business. And all previous plans seem to be irrelevant amidst the current chaos. Yet, if you’re paying attention, you’ll see the opportunities to pivot are everywhere. So what are the best moves for brands that intend to thrive?
- Accept deep change. Because irrelevancy isn’t a formula for success.
- Maintain your marketing spend. Because marketing drives sales.
- Rediscover your why. Because purpose-driven companies are more resilient.
- Reorient your team around its core values. Because a moral compass guides.
- Practice social listening. Because the new ideas are out there.
- Translate listening into customer insights. Because insights inform strategy.
- Reimagine a new audacious vision. Because teams need alignment.
- Rethink your business model. Because it creates competitive advantage.
- Evolve your product/service offerings. Because customers expect it.
- Rewrite your brand story. Because the customer is now the hero.
- Rework your key messaging. Because the marketplace is different now.
- Choose simplicity over complexity. Because people are overwhelmed.
- Accelerate your digital transformation. Because everything is now virtual.
- Give back to your community. Because that’s a true privilege.
- Demonstrate your humanity. Because it’s the right thing to do.
We’re designed to persevere, to struggle, and to survive. It’s in our DNA. This is how we discover who we are. So be curious and compassionate. And remember that whatever you’re not changing, you’re choosing.